Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Peaceful Faith of Moving

A blessings jar full of FAITH.
Welcome to my new blog, I have committed to writing about my experieces of reDiscovering Jacksonville. My intent is to use this space to express my deep gratitude for the blessings that have been bestowed upon me as well as the fun adventures my life seems to take.

For the past few weeks, I have been focused on moving my life to Jacksonville. It has been a relatively complicated move. My current home, a new apartment, a storage unit and a new location for Character Counts! So to say the least, I have been tested in many ways. Focus, Acceptance. Trust. Tenacity. & FAITH.

This move marks the end of a period of time for me. Six and a half years ago I moved to Saint Augustine to heal from a very bad divorce. As I healed spiritually, my body decided it needed an over haul too. It got very physically sick too. I suffered from a neurological illness, which robbed me of my stability: physically, intellectually, emotionally, financially and spiritually. I was tested to my very core. The hardest and most enlightening aspect of the journey was a bout with suicidal depression. It was here that my FAITH found its match.

As the people around me loved me into loving myself again, I found a whole new face of the Divine. I began to see God in the smallest of moments & the smallest of gestures. I had spent almost two years in and out of bed. My whole sense of reality was shifted and I began to see and know things very differently. A simple walk in the sun with a friend holding me steady became a blessed experience. Having someone bring a pot of soup after answering the question of, "What have you eaten today?" with, "I have no Idea." was experienced as a ritual of love. Standing in the shower, enjoying the hot water steaming down upon me, while a friend sat on in the room, making sure I would not fall, became a baptism of my soul. I could continue on about how the simplest of experiences became magical adventures in the moment, yet what I know deeply in this moment and desire to express is that the Divine revealed itself in ways I had never experienced. I am anew in the realization of it.

It has taken me three long hard years to become stable. Yes! I am really STABLE.  In every aspect of my life. So many people have taken the ride along with me and found their own space of faith as well. It is these relationships that have taught me most about Divine Love. Divine Possibility and Divine Peace.

Today, as I tidy up the last of the details of my physical move to the next phase of my life in Jacksonville, I feel blessed beyond belief to be alive, healthy, loved, inspired and full of patient expectation for a rich and fruitful adventure. I look forward to sharing the journey and growing Divinely with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment